Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feeling Unmotivated

Not much going on, I just seem to be moving along in a zombie like state. I have been running, I just seem to be going through the motions and not feeling it. I feel more motivated in the day at work, while I am supposed to be working. By the time I get home from work, I am tired and push myself to a mediocre run. I guess a mediocre run is better than no run at all.

I just signed up with Runner’s World to track my work out progress. I think if I can see it written down in front of me, it will help to achieve a goal, which I need to set for myself. This winter is really starting to get to me, however it is supposed to warm up into the forties this weekend and I anticipate getting outside for a run and change of scenery with some daylight.

I logged in a total of 15.2 miles last week, a total of 39 flights of stairs up and 54 down and did push ups (total of 258) four days last week. I see a lot of people in the 100 push up challenge; I am not ready to commit to that quite yet, however I was able to do 41 at on time.

Although incredibly tired from the weekend, on Monday I managed to climb stairs at work (16 floors up and down), get a 3 mile treadmill run in last night, a total of 65 push ups and some dumbbell curls. I felt recharged and energized after the run and slept soundly through the night.

I went to the library a few weeks ago and picked up a few books on running: 50/50, The Complete Book of Running and the Encyclopedia of Sports & Fitness Nutrition. I just finished the 50 Marathons in 50 Days on Monday and found it to have some great tips and motivational for me as well. I read on my train ride to work and it motivates me in the daytime, however the day takes it toll on me and I just don’t seem to have the same enthusiasm at night.

I am just going to keep pushing along and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-7989282-1