Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slacker!

I am felling a little guilty this morning as I took Sunday and Monday off from running. I got home last night and just wasn’t feeling it. I had a slight pain in my knee and did not have the energy and/or motivation to get on the treadmill. I suppose this is normal, but why do I feel so guilty. I feel like I am cheating myself somehow. I know I feel better after the run, but just couldn’t motivate myself to do it.

This morning I feel refreshed and rearing to go and would love to leave work and go run. Unfortunately, that is not an option at this point. I went to bed early yesterday (8:30) and got up at my normal time this morning (4:50). Perhaps that is why I feel so refreshed, maybe I just needed to catch up on sleep and give my body some rest in general. I hope I can carry this energy I have today into the evening after I get home. I gotta get on the treadmill tonight and run.

I often wonder if I could get up earlier in run before I get ready for work. I think that would entail me getting up around 4:00 am. I don’t know if that is even possible. I just seem to lack motivation at the end of the day lately and am looking for alternative ways to fix it. Maybe it is just winter taking its toll on me and things will change when it starts to warm up and daylight is longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-7989282-1