Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sunshine at Last



It is a great day in Chicago today! The sun is shining and the temps are in the mid forties. It is only going to last a day or two, but I am thankful for it anyway. Today at lunch, I took a nice walk near my office building. While I was out, I snapped a few photos as I was in shock to see the sun and any activity outside. I think I walked about 2 miles and was gone for 45 minutes. It was hard to think about returning to the office, I just wanted to go home and run.

Last night I was still tired but managed to coax myself into getting dressed into my running attire and headed down into the basement for the treadmill. I seem to have a love/hate relationship with this thing lately. I started out with a few sets of push ups (100 total) and then jumped on the treadmill for a 3.5 miler. I even managed to complete 4 sets of curls afterwards. Really, the hardest part is to get dressed and get going, once I can do that, it seems to be fine.

I hope the sun light keeps me in good spirits by the time I get off work and take my train ride home. I leave the office at 4:15 and pull into my driveway at 6:00, so the commute really can wear on you after a while.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog about the running watch. Seems Garmin might be the way to go. Your pictures of Chicago are gorgeous. That blue sky especially! I was born there (Evanston) and lived there until I was six. I've been back to visit several times. I've heard the Chicago Marathon is one of the best. If you haven't seen the movie "The Spirit of the Marathon," you should watch it. It is very inspiring and about people who are training for the Chicago race. Good luck with your training! I ran my first marathon at 41 and hadn't even run a half before then, so it is doable!!

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-7989282-1