Thursday, March 5, 2009

Feild Trip!







Well its Thursday and that means poker night again. I am promising myself to get a good run in tonight before any shenanigans begin, no really, I mean it. I managed to get out last night (in the dark) for a 4.4 miler. The temps were around 40 degrees last night and I think I overdressed for the run. I had a long sleeve shirt, ¼ zip pullover, lightweight jacket and gloves. In hindsight, I should have lost the jacket. Oh well, at least I was able to get outside and off the treadmill.

Chicago is blessed again with mild temps (60 degrees) today and I can’t help but be in a great mood. Work allowed me to be out and about the city today and I snapped a few pictures of Chicago, which I thought I would share. I even managed to get a couple miles of walking in while I was out and about. I like taking field trips away from the office when the weather is good, funny how field trips get planned to coincide with nicer weather.

I plan on a long run for Saturday morning and then we are off to a ST. Patrick's Day parade in St. Charles to meet up with some old friends. I took my son last year and we froze our tails off. The weather forecast isn't bad for Saturday, just a chance of rain. I can handle rain rather than freezing temps.

Well I hope I win big tonight at cards and get plenty of rest for Friday (we will see).





2 comments:

  1. Yeah for the 60 degree weather - I'm jealous! It's easy to overdress this time of year. I keep piling on all my layers out of habit. Good luck with the poker game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tonight. Enjoy a couple beers; the carbs are good for you. By the way, LOVE my Garmin. It is one of the best things I've ever gotten. That thing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-7989282-1