Thursday, January 22, 2009

Luckily, I was able to fix the treadmill last night (crisis adverted). Through my internet research I discovered that the deck slipping is often caused from the belt slipping on the motor, whereas, I thought the belt that you run on was the problem. The solution: take the cover off and expose the insides, then loosen the bolts on the motor mount to move the motor unit forward (it had an adjustment for this), thus tightening the belt. I reassembled everything and was back in business after 30 minutes or so. I am going to order a new belt to keep on hand, because I know it is a matter of time until it stretches out further and I am at the maximum adjustment for the motor. I am happy I decided to try to fix it myself. I figured if I was going to buy a new one, I couldn’t screw it up any worse than it was at that point.

After the fix, I jumped on and ran 2 miles to test it out. It was late at this point and I needed to get ready for bed. I also did the stairs at work again, 21 floors up & 16 down.

I learned a valuable lesson (don’t panic). I now feel better prepared to handle a treadmill crisis in the future. Hopefully it will warm up soon and melt the snow, so I can start running outside again. I am ready for a change of scenery and pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment