Thursday, April 9, 2009

Keeping Pace

Last night I went out for a nice 4.5 mile run. I was able to clear my head and came back feeling mentally refreshed. I went out on Tuesday for a 3 mile run by myself and went back to the house to meet my son for a run, We ended up going an additional 1.5 miles, however he was all over the map from a pace standpoint. I tried to set a pace for him, but anyone with kids can attest, parents are idiots and nine year olds know everything. I just kept quite and ran his erratic pace for the duration. Patience is not one of his virtues at this stage in life. I guess, I probably was the same way at his age.

Things have been a little crazy at work. I have basically been given a new job, with little or no direction on what is to be done, as well as oversee my old responsibilities being done by someone else. I am trying to figure this out as I go along, but am becoming mentally exhausted from it all. Thanks goodness for running to clear my head and keep me grounded.

3 comments:

  1. That's a drag about the job. I'm glad you have running to help you cope mentally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about that - how do you teach kids to pace themselves? It sounds like it's hard! I thought it would be.

    Work is crazy for me too, and I just feel so overwhelmed, like running is my only "me" time. I am REALLY happy I developed the running habit before all this craziness started. If I hadn't, I'd probably be pigging out instead of running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are radioactive...

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-7989282-1