Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tyranena 1/2 Marathon



I made the 2 hour drive with my wife Terri and friend Billy on Saturday morning. It was cold but the sun was shinning & I was feeling good. They had a large tent set up with tables so after the race you could get out of the cold. After we picked up our race packets and walked around a bit it was time to go to the starting line. It was a small race with only 1,500 runners.

We started out and I was running with Billy. We hit the first mile at 8:45, which was fast for me considering I had 12.1 to go. We kept the pace going and started to hit some pretty good hills. I slowly climbed uphill and ran like hell down. We paced between 9:10 to 8:45 for the first 6 miles. After the 6th mile Billy started to kick it up and I was running solo. Somehow I managed to keep the pace going for my first sub 2 hour 1/2 marathon. I finished with 1:58:46. I have come close but never broke the 2 hour barrier before. Needless to say I was very excited. Billy finished at 1:53 and Terri 2:07. A PR for both Billy and myself. Terri was only seconds off of her PR as well.



After the run we went inside for a lasagna lunch and to sample some Tyranena beers. We had sampled a porter which was great, a pale ale, amber alt and a honey blonde.



After we ate and had our sampling we went inside for a tour.



All in all a great race. I will be back next year for sure.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to you Tony! Awesome job on your PR half marathon:) I really like your medal! I love it when I find a race that I enjoy so much that I know I want to run it again! Someday I will do one of those fun beer runs:)

    Have a wonderful week Tony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that is one sweet medal! Awesome time too - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely run and sub 2:00...well done! Nice medal. I smile when I see you call 1500 a small race. I often run races with less than 50 runners. Have a good week Tony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congrats on the awesome time! That sounds like a great race :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that they call it a beer run. Congratulations on your PR!

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-7989282-1